- 26-Sep-2013 to 18-Feb-2014 (EST)
- Portsmouth, NH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefits package
Global Head of Training
The Global Head of Training will be responsible for all aspects of developing and executing training programs that support the organization. The position is based in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Position title will be commensurable with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with management team to implement short and long-range learning and development plans that support achievement of strategic and operating goals, targets, and anticipated results.
• Develop strong relationships with management team and subject matter experts. Be seen as a highly competent and collaborative training partner who works closely with multiple teams to clearly understand educational requirements.
• Develop training programs that support the global training strategy. Deliver essential foundational training to wide range of employees via classroom training and field visits.
• Design, develop and implement materials that can be delivered live or via electronic learning with corresponding knowledge assessments. Electronic learning to include interactive internet-based training, multimedia programs, videos and other computer-aided instructional technologies that provide the best learning environment for employees.
• Maintain training requirements of multiple departments with guidance and input from functional department leads. Ensure that employees complete all required training.
Monitor, track and follow-up with employees and managers regarding training requirements.
• Conduct Train-the-Trainer programs providing instruction in techniques and skills for training and providing feedback.
• Participate in development and implementation of a Learning Management System.
• Conduct training at and participate in various off-site meetings and symposia.
• Revise training programs and content as necessary.
• Periodically evaluate and report on training effectiveness for the organization.
• Proven successful track record in health care training for a minimum of at least 5 - 7 years in a medical device or life sciences company. Experience in oncology strongly preferred. Experience in the neuro-oncology /neuro-surgery market would be considered a key asset.
• Proven ability to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with minimum supervision.
• Proven ability to achieve numerous goals in a timely manner exercising good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a Science, Education or Business major from a recognized University program; an MBA would be an asset.
• Ability to train teams in diverse roles with varying degrees and levels of healthcare experience.
• Interact effectively in a global organization located in multiple locations.
• Superior oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to dedicate up to 20% to 40% time to travel on a monthly basis.
Skills & Experience
• Expert knowledge of medical devices or life sciences industry. Knowledge of Oncology preferred. Recent training experience and knowledge of the neuro-oncology/neuro-surgery health sector would be a key asset.
• Expert ability in managing training for a medical device or life sciences organization. Experience in Oncology therapeutic is a plus.
• Proven ability to develop and implement Training programs based on adult learning principles.
• Superior ability to optimize time and efficiency while managing multiple priorities.
Performance Behavior Competencies:
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
• Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive, "can do" attitude.
• Dependability/Perseverance: always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
• Flexibility: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals. Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when required.
• Judgment: Be able to make sound judgments and escalate when in doubt.
• Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
• Professionalism: adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behavior.
• Teamwork: work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.