- 12-Feb-2013 to 13-Apr-2013 (EST)
- Portsmouth, NH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefits plan
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic professional for a full time position as a Medical Device Electro-Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer. This is a new position created to support an expanding operation for commercialization of a recently FDA approved product for the treatment of brain tumors. The position will involve being lead technical position for the US device service operation and participation in device continuing engineering and new product development.
This is an exempt full-time position reporting to the COO and is located in the US Operations Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Key Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Lead technical resource for a complaint investigation and repair depot for an electronic medical device with access to electrical and software engineering resources
o Design and refine repair and refurbishment processes
o Investigate device failures for root cause and recommend corrective action
• Participate in and provide technical leadership for the mechanical engineering portion of a new product design effort utilizing a local design and mechanical engineering partner
• Serve as primary technical resource for the US HQ for ongoing continuing engineering efforts for support of released product line
• Act as liaison between US operation and main engineering team based in Israel
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• At least 7 years experience as a mechanical, electro-mechanical, or manufacturing engineer in a production electronic device environment
• Experience with electronics packaging, connectors, cables, molded enclosures
• CAD and GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) skills required
• Experience with manufacturing process control a plus
• Medical device experience and familiarity with FDA QSR's and ISO 13485 preferred
• Ability to draft clear engineering and process documents
• Must demonstrate excellent follow-up and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
• May require travel on occasion, both domestic and international
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S
Performance Behavior Competencies:
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
• Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive, "can do" attitude.
• Communication: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Dependability/Perseverance: always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
• Flexibility: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals. Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when required.
• Judgment: Be able to make sound judgments and escalate when in doubt.
• Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
• Professionalism: adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behavior.
• Teamwork: work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!