|Posted Date:||11-Apr-2013 (EST)||Closing Date:||30-May-2014 (EST)|
|Department:||DSS (Device Support Specialist||Location:||Ottawa, ON, CAN|
|Pay Type:||Salary||Employment Type:||Full Time|
The DSS is responsible for supporting commercial and clinical trial oncology patients utilizing the NovoTTF device. Reporting to a Regional DSS Manager, the Device Support Specialist is a field-based position.
• Support and honor our "Patient first" mission
• Perform administrative duties – including expense reports, follow-up forms, equipment management, office supplies/ordering, and office logistics (as applicable)
• Conduct regular patient visits and provide the following:
• Check technical status of devices and replace components as necessary.
• Troubleshoot problems through a well-defined procedure.
• Provide patient training and reinforce as applicable.
• Perform data collection and analysis to offer feedback in the form of verbal communications or formal documentation
• Serve as technical interface between the Company and assigned medical centers
• Support commercial and clinical trial oncology patients utilizing the NovoTTF device
• Provide patient support by phone or in person as necessary, including beyond normal business hours and potentially weekends and holidays.
• Work independently within an assigned regional territory while collaborating with cross functional team members
• Travel to patient homes and to physician offices.
• Applicant must have access to a car with a valid driver's license and insurance.
• All approved travel expenses will be reimbursed.
• Amount of travel required is dependent on patient needs and location and may include occasional overnight stays
• May require up to approximately 50% travel
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements:
• Minimum of an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's preferred
• Patient care experience preferred (medical technician, medical assistant, nurse, nurse assistant, physical or occupational therapist or assistant, assisted living care provider)
• Proficiency in basic computer operations including but not limited to Microsoft Office, manipulating computer files, following test and troubleshooting procedures (experience with Concur, SalesForce, and SAP a benefit).
Fluent in French required
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Performance Behavior Competencies:
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
• Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive, "can do" attitude.
• Communication: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Dependability/Perseverance: always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
• Flexibility: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals. Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when required.
• Judgment: Be able to make sound judgments and escalate when in doubt.
• Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
• Professionalism: adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behavior.
• Teamwork: work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.